School lunches are provided by 'ISS Catering'.
The menu represents a balanced diet, includes all the major food groups, and conforms to government requirements.
- Hot lunches are served to children in Years R – 6.
- Lunches for children in Classes R, 1 and 2 are free.
- Lunch costs £2.34 per day, which is £11.70 per week.
- Payable for children in Years 3 to 6.
- Please ensure you pay for your child's lunches in advance on ParentMail as at Sunnyfields we have a zero debt policy.
- You need to pay IN ADVANCE either weekly or the full amount until the end of term.
- Children entitled to Free School Meals will receive a free hot lunch.
If your child would like hot lunches they must keep to that decision for half a term – they can only change back to packed lunch after a school holiday or half-term break by informing the school office in writing.
If your child has any special dietary requirements please let us know.
- The meat on the menu is not Halal meat
- To view the current school menu click here
- To view menu information - new food standards click here
- To view a Free School Meal application form and information click here
- To view the Dietary Requirements form click here
- Children With Food Allergies will need to meet with the Welfare Officer
Please note that due the current Covid 19 situation the daily menu is subject to change to accommodate the structure of our lunch period and changes in deliveries of certain foods.
Children are served a selection cereals (Bran Flakes, Corn Flakes, Rice Krispies), cold drinks (water, juice, milk) toast and eggs. The cost per child each day is £2.00 payable through ParentMail.
Children should be in school no later than 8.10am to give them time to eat their breakfast.
Children with Food Allergies
A child with a food allergy must have a health care plan drawn up and signed by the parents and the headteacher.
If your child has an allergy please speak with the school office and they will put you in touch with the Welfare Officer.
How to Pay for School Lunch and Breakfast
Please go to ParentMail Menu - Accounts - click on Lunch and make payment (your account should always be at least 1 week (£11.70) in credit.)