Our Aims and Ethos
At Sunnyfields, staff aim to encourage success and build aspirations within a supportive and inclusive environment that offers all children the opportunity to reach their full potential.
We strive to ensure that high standards of respect and behaviour enable our children to feel secure and happy regardless of their background, culture, gender, religion or ability. Effective partnerships with parents, governors and outside agencies are a vital and fundamental part of our success.
We do this by:
- Creating a safe, secure and happy school community
- Developing a growth mind set; the belief that all learners can be supported to aim high.
- Ensuring that our children develop a love of learning within a broad and balanced curriculum.
- Encouraging children to not only extend their areas of strength but identify and develop any areas of weakness by taking responsibility for their learning.
- Promoting high standards of progress and attainment so that all children reach their full potential.
- Encouraging children to respect themselves and others at all times by making a positive contribution to school life, supported by a clear behaviour policy with systematic sanctions and rewards.
- Monitoring and reviewing progress and achievement, reviewing this with the children and reporting regularly to parents and governors.
- Working with parents, governors, outside agencies and the local community to enhance all aspects of school life.
- Giving the children memorable experiences that they will treasure